Our exact location within the Runaway Bay Condominium Complex
As displayed in the map below, we are centrally located in Runaway Bay. We are a short walk across the street to our private beach access. There is a traffic control signal which allows for safe crossing of North Gulf Drive. (Click the image to zoom in!)
In addition, we are a quick walk to the fishing pier, and right around the corner from the pool. Both of our units face the small pond that runs through our complex. Great views from your screened in porch off each unit!
Anna Maria Island, Florida
Nestled on Florida’s Southwest Gulf coast just south of Clearwater and north of Sarasota, Anna Maria Island is the perfect vacation spot for a quiet Old-Time Florida holiday.
Known for their 7-miles of pristine award-winning, white, sandy beaches, fishing, boating and an abundance of outdoor sporting activities from kayaking to jet-surfing. As well as their small Key West style villages dotting the island creating a small town feel.
There are tons of things to do on Anna Maria Island and the Islanders host a myriad of great events throughout the year, fun festivals and events to partake in while you visit this little island in the sun. This Florida gem will quickly have you addicted and keep you coming back year after year to explore what you missed. With the pride of ownership, Anna Maria Island is home to some of the most beautiful vacation rentals in the entire state.
A Tale of One Island and Three Cities
Anna Maria is a city located on the northernmost tip of the island in Manatee County, Florida. The population is a little over 1,800. Known for its picturesque Key West-style main street on Pine Avenue and its historic 100+ year-old fishing pier. Walkable from east to west and north to south it’s the perfect backdrop for island living. It’s the perfect place for couples, snowbirds, and families to relax and enjoy a sleepy small town atmosphere.
The perfect place for couples, snowbirds, and families to relax and enjoy a sleepy small town atmosphere.
Holmes Beach is a city located in the center of the island in Manatee County, Florida. The population is close to 5,100.
Holmes Beach is known for being the heart of the island, supplying the island with a grocery store, pharmacy, many restaurants, and stores.
It’s the perfect place for active couples, snowbirds, and families with an abundance of volleyball nets and beach activities provided at the County’s Public Beach.
Bradenton Beach is a city located on the southernmost tip of the island in Manatee County, Florida. The population is a little over 1,500.
Known for its beautiful Historic Bridge Street Pier, it has a down to earth & lively vibe. Bridge Street has many shops and restaurants to enjoy. Coquina Beach has an incredibly scenic bike path of 1.5 miles to enjoy on the Gulf.
It’s the perfect place for couples and snowbirds. This city has the most condos and townhomes offered on the island.
Highlights of Anna Maria Island
- There are six award-winning beaches on Anna Maria Island and there is something for everyone from toddlers to octogenarians. You’ll find the perfect spot for you on the pristine sandy beaches here.
- Don’t be surprised to see golf carts instead of cars on this quaint little island in the sun. A super fun way to zip around the island with the salty air blowing in your hair.
- A Free Trolley service runs the entire length of the island and is a hop on hop off service. In addition, the Monkey Shuttle will take you door to door anywhere on the island for “Tips Only”
- Sea Turtles are sacred and protected on this island. Hundreds of turtles return to nest each year.
- There are only 3 bridges to the island and speed limits are below 35 mph. Expect slow traffic during the spring, summer seasons and holidays.
- This is an extremely quiet and sleepy island where most restaurants and bars close up by 10 pm. But don’t worry, Dan has some late night spot recommendations for those night owls. Feel free to ask!
- Best Suited for outdoorsy types, such as active families, couples, and snowbirds.